Saturday, February 1, 2014

The DNA of You

I completed reading a book that I encourage you to read, titled "the Start-Up of You" by Reid Hoffman and Ben Casnocha and found useful insights that I now share.  

It is in our DNA makeup to survive in this world. Our success stems from our ability to adapt to various environments. Unlike in times past, we must formulate a new direction. The methods our ancestors used to be successful will not find the same result in today’s ever-changing economy. We must not and can no longer do this journey alone in order for us to survive. We need to shy away from the old formula; “It’s all about me.”
It is imperative to use the improved formula of “I^We” or “I” to the “We” power according to Reid Hoffman.  Greater levels of achievement are made when we work together as a cohesive, intuitive, and intelligible collaboration of information called “Network Intelligence.” 
I was brought up to keep secret your niche product and/or service to yourself. The formulas, methods, and designs set you apart from the competition and in certain aspects, this holds true today. However, the “My Precious” approach of keeping everything to ourselves are stifling and limit us to the exponential changes in globalization and advancements in technology. We are designed to succeed in this world and we need not make the feeble attempts to achieve success alone. Let us grow farther faster learning from one another and quit attending “The School of Hard Knocks.”

I value your thoughts and extend an invitation to share in this journey. Click the link to view my profile http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattbeckwith/.

To order the book "The Start-Up of You", by Reid Hoffman and Ben Casnocha, Published by Crown Business, ISBN: 978-0307888907 please click this link:  http://www.thestartupofyou.com.

I wish you great success in your new-shared journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment