I have reflected upon this past week regarding the balancing of one’s life both personally and professionally. I have discovered that a personal balance in life must first be identified and achieved before one can be confident professionally. I have included a link below that I hope will provide thoughtful provoking guidance to balancing your life in these different atmospheres.
I desire to share what I have gained over the past twenty years, so you may make the necessary decisions in your life’s journey. I am speaking regarding the need to acknowledge you are in control of your life. You balance your health and relationships with others. You make the time to eat right and exercise. You value those precious moments with your family and friends. Please, allow the Lord to guide you in all things.
I started falling into the trap in becoming absorbed in my business to provide for my family. I worked long hours and made it a point to attend their events. However, I realized I had missed ten years of my family’s experiences due to working long hours. Make your evening routine with them. There is something to be said for eating dinner together as a family. Tell them bedtime stories and listen to them with whatever is on their mind. You must make strict time for your family. Spend time with your spouse. Your family will be with you for all time and eternity that is unless you forget about them to pursue your earthly work goals instead.
I have met hundreds of naysayers when it comes to starting and running your own business. They will influence you or try to assure you that your idea is not good enough for whatever reason. Their professional portfolio of work experience usually indicates they are speaking more from their fears than their expertise.
You be sure to live your passion. You give it a shot and if you fail with one endeavor, well then, know you are that much better to succeed when you start the next one. I failed miserably with my first business and this is when I was then married with two children! It was from that experience that helped me to refocus on the next business, which took care of my previous business debts and provided for my family for over four years. The third business is the business I still have today which provides for my family and the families that work with me for the past sixteen years. I am grateful for not having to take out one business loan in pursuit of my dreams and passions over the past twenty years. You can do it because you will do it with the Lord leading you.
Good skill to you my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment